Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter

Okay, at this point y'all are probably thinking I went a little overboard with the sweets/ the apple butter and pumpkin butter and maybe I did a little, but I just love the euphoric smells of fall and the holidays!  And I love to share what I make with friends and family, so the more the merrier.  This pumpkin butter came from Food.com.  It is delectable and adds a little something extra when served with the pumpkin bread, but is just as good on a simple piece of toast.


Here is the recipe:

8 cups pumpkin puree
4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
4 lemons, juice of

Squeeze the lemons and add their juice to the pumpkin and spices.
Cook the mixture in a crock pot on low for 4 1/2 hours until mixture becomes thick and smooth.
Put the golden pumpkin butter in sterilized, very hot, pint or half pint jars and seal.

Enjoy!

Stuffed,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment