Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Green Beans and Butter Beans

This dish is absolutely one of my favorites!  Probably because it is a dish that my Dad and I came up with and have making for many years, but it has definitely become one of my go to dishes.  It is healthy, quick and inexpensive to make and makes for great leftovers (I think I like it better as leftovers than I do right after it is made).



Here is the recipe:

1 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1 medium onion chopped
1 jar julienned sun-dried tomatoes
2 small bags of frozen cut green beans
2 cans butter beans, with juices
4 – 6 oz. crumbled bacon

Saute the garlic, onion and sun-dried tomatoes in a medium size pot until tender.  Add the green beans and cook until thawed.  Then add the butter beans with the juice, bring to a boil.  Reduce to a simmer.  Add the crumbled bacon right before serving.

Hope you enjoy this one as much as I always have!

Stuffed,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment