Monday, November 7, 2011

Chickpea-Edamame Burgers with Tahini Dill Sauce

Hi everyone!  Sorry for not having posted in the last couple of weeks.  I have been super busy, but I have some great recipes that I will be posting this week to catch up!  A couple of weeks ago was vegan week and I had some very tasty meals that fit the category.  One thing that I absolutely loved during my meatless week was chickpeas.  I think I had chickpeas in every meal I made. 

I made these chickpea-edamame burgers for my mom, her boyfriend and the hubby of course.  Everyone loved them, including Andy who is against all things vegan!  When I mentioned soy beans to him and explained that they were the same as edamame just without the shell, he decided he probably shouldn’t eat those anymore.  That makes no sense to me, but I am sure he will eat them next time we have sushi.  Now the boys looked at this dish more as an appetizer or side dish, but they still thoroughly enjoyed the burgers and the tahini-dill sauce.  The other reason I loved these burgers is they kept great and were perfect for a snack (1 patty) or a meal with a salad.



Here is the recipe:

Burgers:
1 1/2 cups shelled edamame beans
1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas   
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons tahini
2 teaspoons coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup quinoa flour (or brown rice flour)

Tahini-Dill Sauce: (I tripled this recipe so I had enough for everyone)
1 tablespoon tahini
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons lemon/lime juice
sea salt and pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon dill

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Steam the edamame until soft. Combine chickpeas, edamame, water and tahini in a food processor until smooth (it's ok if the edamame is somewhat still a bit chunky)

2. Transfer to a bowl and stir in spices, aminos, and flour. Form into 7 patties. Bake for 20 minutes.

3. To make sauce, combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Makes enough to dress 2 burgers.

Hope y'all enjoy these as much as we did!

Stuffed,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment