Monday, November 14, 2011

Hummus


Andy and I love hummus and snack on it quite frequently.  For the most part we usually just buy original flavor, but occasionally we mix it up.  So instead of purchasing hummus this last week, I decided to make it.  It turned out great!  Smooth and creamy, with a nice garlicky taste. 


Here’s the recipe:

1 clove garlic
1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, half the liquid reserved
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons tahini
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
Slap ya Mama Cajun seasoning (optional)

Pita chips, cucumbers, and bell peppers are my favorites to eat hummus with!

In a blender, chop the garlic. Pour garbanzo beans into blender, reserving about a tablespoon for garnish. Place lemon juice, tahini, chopped garlic and salt in blender. Blend until creamy and well mixed.
Transfer the mixture to a medium serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper and pour olive oil over the top. Garnish with reserved garbanzo beans.  Another option is to sprinkle some of the Cajun seasoning on top, it is delicious with the hummus.

Hope y'all love this!

Stuffed,

Brittany

2 comments:

  1. Love hummus and like you have always bought pre-made. I am going to try this recipe...is it 2 cloves of garlic? And what is tahini? And where do I find it? Thanks!

    The pictures of your food is great and always looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I did use 2 cloves of garlic and you definitely tasted it, but I really like garlic so I was okay with that. Tahini is like peanut butter, but made from sesame seeds. I am not sure if it is at every grocery store, but I know you can find it at sprouts, Central Market and Whole Foods right next to the peanut butter.

    Enjoy and let me know if you like it!

    ReplyDelete