Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mayo-Free Tuna Salad


Tuna salad has always been a favorite lunchtime meal of mine and we always make it the same way in our house.  We usually use my homemade candied jalapenos finely diced and a little bit of mayonnaise and it is delicious.  So when I saw a post one of my friends had put up on their blog for a mayo free tuna salad I thought I would give it a whirl and I am sure glad I did.  I made a few adjustments to the ingredients, but if you want the original recipe click on the link for her blog Fit to Flourish.



Here is the recipe:

2 2.6 oz packages white tuna packed in water
½ avocado mashed with a fork
1 ½ Dijon mustard
Mrs. Dash no salt seasoning to taste
Lemon juice
(Romaine lettuce leaves or bread for serving)

Squeeze lemon juice over the mashed avocado and stir (this will keep the avocado fresh in your lunch all day.  Mix in the tuna, Dijon mustard and Mrs. Dash to taste.  My favorite way is to eat this as a lettuce wrap, but bread works great too!

Enjoy!

Stuffed,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment